Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Light show on the Boston Public Library








Fireworks over the harbor at midnight

Looking up Hanover St., Mother Anna's is on the right.











Me on Christmas Eve before leaving for work.


Christmas morning.









Snow and the Seven dwarfs.


Ram at Suffolk University.








Castle.

Happy 2008!

Bob and I took in some of Boston's First Night celebrations. We started in the North End, where we had dinner at Mother Anna's on Hanover St. Then we started walking across town to Copley Square. On the way there, we people watched, and although it seemed there weren't as many people out, the ones that were, were very interesting to look at with their flashy 2008 glasses, and buttons, funny hats and noise makers. We looked at a few ice sculptures and took in a jazz band in the gazebo on the Common. People were dancing , and beads were thrown into the crowd. After a nice stroll thru a darkened Public Garden, with the Christmas lights on in the trees and bushes, we listened to a rock band in Copley. The light show dancing off the front of the Boston Public Library. Then we took a quick train ride back to the Aquarium to watch the firework show over the harbor at midnight. We had front row seats on the pier and although it was a short program, it was very beautiful.

Andrew stayed home and watched his little brother. I was grateful for the time out with Bob as we hadn't even gone out for our anniversary this year. We are taking Thomas out during the day on the First, so he can see the sculptures and spend some time with Mom and Dad. Andrew just wants to stay home and have some alone time.

Hopefully everyone is getting to do, what they find enjoyable to do this day. Spending time alone or with someone, relaxing or partying. Start 2008 off right, in your own way.

I hope you enjoy some of the pictures I took during our walk thru Boston last night, and have a very Happy New Year! May it be peaceful, healthy, and plentiful for all!

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Sorry for the poor setup of descriptions next to the pictures...I guess I'm still tired from staying up late last night, hahaha. Still, you all can figure out what I meant.